You wouldn’t think a Yam Omelet would taste good but the sweetness from the yam and the natural salt from the cheese and egg whites is a great combination! Try out this quick Yam Omelet for breakfast!
“I LOVE Yams!! I can eat them hot, I can eat them straight from a pot.
I can eat them cold….I might even eat them old…(okay maybe not).
I LOVE Yams (I am!)”
Okay, so maybe I’ve had too much coffee today (lol) but my little play on the Dr. Suess rhyme “I Do Not Like Green Eggs and Ham” holds true…I DO love yams.
- 6 Egg Whites
- 2 slices of Canadian Bacon
- 100 grams cooked Yam (Find out how I cook yams HERE)
- 1/8 cup White Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Spray pan with cooking spray and add egg whites.
- When egg firms up, flip over to cook other side.
- Slide cooked egg to one side of pan and add in Canadian bacon and yams to warm.
- Once warm, unfold eggs and place bacon, yam and cheese in center and fold egg over to melt the cheese.
Look here for another yummy yam recipe?