Welcome to Shape It Up!
My name is Nicole. I am an ACE Personal Trainer, Physical Therapist Assistant, Fitness Nutrition Specialist and ACE Health Coach. I help successful women who are over 40 gain control over your mind and body so you can feel great in your own skin!
For those of you who are definitely interested in working with me you can request my complimentary mini consult session HERE…for those who want to learn more about me please read on…
Having grown up in the ballet world, disorganized eating was pretty much the standard for me. At a young age, I had high expectations put on me to look a certain way for dance. I never realized the damage this did to my mind until I turned 40.
“What do you mean?? …Doesn’t everyone starve themselves for as long as possible then have a huge binge eating session because you just can’t keep it together any longer?”
Yes, this was my M.O. for most of my life.
I thought that was “normal eating”.
Restrict. Sacrifice. Then go completely out of control and eat anything and everything. Then back to restrict and sacrifice.
I never had a “weight problem” where “the scale says I weigh too much”. But I did have a “how-I-think-about-myself-weight-problem” (a.k.a. body image issues).
It doesn’t matter if you are 5 pounds overweight or 100 pounds overweight, if you don’t feel good in your own skin you have a “weight problem”.
When I turned 40 (even with all my fitness knowledge), I started looking for more specific answers to questions like:
- Why do I do the things I do?
- What is going on with my hormones? Is this even normal??
- Why can’t I eat whatever I want and still lose weight like I did in my 20’s?
- How can I juggle family, friends and career and STILL be fit?
So I did what any other over 40 woman would do…I Googled it.
Not much came up in the searches.
This is when my fitness business shifted into catering to women over 40.
I understand what it feels like when you feel like food controls you.
I get it when you try on those pants and they are waaaay too snug…which spirals into a “what is wrong with me/why can’t I do this?!”
I know very well what it is like to struggle to want to look a certain way and to be frustrated with the number on the scale.
I understand your feelings of disgust when you just don’t know why you can’t lose weight and keep it off.
Things are much different now!
Since turning 40, I have devoured every bit of knowledge I could get my hands on. I’ve experimented on myself then test ran my ideas on my clients. My clients began losing weight, decreasing inches and feeling fabulous in their own skin!
And now I want to share what I have learned with you!
What I discovered is weight loss is less about what you do and more about what you think.
Yes, you need to eat healthy and move your body but if you don’t have your head on straight you will never succeed in losing weight permanently.
What Is My Super Power?
I am a perfectionist (no that is not my super power)…I know how “black and white” high achievers think.
I know how procrastination can sabotage your efforts (because if you can’t do it 100% correct then why bother).
My super power is finding out what is holding you back from reaching your goals then giving you the tools to not only reach your goals but to make them permanent.
It’s not like I look at you and in an instant and I know. But from working with you and getting to know how you think and feel, I can help guide you to making lasting changes.
Who Do I Work With
I love working with women like you because you are a(n):
- High Achiever—you want the best out of your life
- Forever Student—you like to constantly be improving your mind and body
- Intelligent—you know quick fixes and magic weight loss pills are never the answer.
- Go Getter—if you haven’t conquered your goal, you are not afraid of getting a coach to help you get to the next level.
What Makes Shape It Up Unique?
- First we are going to do some mind sweeping. No I am not erasing your brain! But we are going to figure out why you do the things you do. Once you change how you think about things it get a whole lot easier to lose weight. So we are going to do some spring cleaning. Figure out what is holding you back from taking action on your goals.
- Moving your body IS important but you need to move your body in a certain way…and everyone is unique and different which is why I will custom design your workout program to get you the results you desire and guide you into making your changes permanent.
- How you fuel your body is key. I do not give out diets but will teach you how to look at food and help you decide what your body needs to thrive.
How I Can Work With You
- Online—I coach clients online. If you live in the USA and have an internet connect you are golden! Between my app, phone calls and email, I got you covered. You will only be one click away from reaching me for any questions you have.
- In-Person—I have in-person clients who I see at my private studio located in South Jersey.
What I Love Best About Working With My Clients
My favorite parts about working with women over 40 is when you hit your weight loss goal or realize how much stronger you are (mentally and physically) or when you do things you never thought you could because your weight was holding you back….those are the moments I treasure and am honored my clients allow me to guide them through the fitness journey to success!
So are you ready to eliminate those mental blocks and get a leaner, healthier body that you feel comfortable in??
Come chat with me to learn how to get started. Request your complimentary mini consult right here.
Photo credits to the fabulous Jamie Austin