Ingredients Checklist For Success
Here’s a quick “ingredients checklist” you’ll want to stick to when creating your own meals.
The better you stick to this, the better off your body will be …
- Protein –
- Choose a portion of lean protein, such as chicken breast, ground turkey, fish or steak.
- Protein is essential for building toning and building muscle. Include a LEAN protein source with each meal.
- Carbohydrates –
- Choose a portion of complex carbohydrates, such as a small baked potato, sweet potato, a 1/2 cup of brown rice or a slice of whole-wheat bread.
- Choose foods, especially carbs, rich in FIBER (minimum 25 grams per day; ideal 50 grams per day)
- Vegetables – Try to eat vegetables with each meal. Green vegetables are key!
- Essential Fats –
- Consume one tablespoon of unsaturated oil daily (olive oil is best) or 3 portions of salmon per week.
- Not all fats make you fat!
Again, balanced nutrition is the key.
You can do all the workouts in the world, but you just won’t be maximizing your results until you fix the way you eat.
That’s why you need to start with nutrition first, because otherwise the time you spend exercising is not effective as it could be.
When embarking on physical changes you have to make sure you have three things in check:
Exercise + Nutrition + Mental Readiness = Results
If one of these components is missing you will not see the results you desire.
About The Author
Since 2006, Nicole Simonin has been a Certified Personal Trainer and owner of Shape It Up, LLC. Nicole is recognized for her well-rounded approach to fitness. Through private and online personal training, Nicole motivates, educates and inspires women to get fit and healthy. Her passion is to empower busy women to not only get fit but to be fierce in life and have no limits as to what can be accomplished. Click here to work with Nicole as your personal trainer.