Cranberry Raisin Cookies are good all year round! I tend to make these around the holidays but they are really good any time of the year. Yes! You can eat cookies and still be fit! Make up a batch of Cranberry Raisin Sugar Cookies today!
Cranberry Raisin Sugar Cookies
- 10 oz of Craisins and Raisins
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- *Addition ¼ of sugar for the coating
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup Crisco
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups of flour
- ½ coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Bake at 350 degrees F
- Take Craisins /raisins and place in a saucepan.
- Cover with 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil then simmer until all the liquid evaporates.
- Remove from heat and place in a container and put in the freezer for about 5 minutes to allow the fruit to cool.
- In one bowl, mix flours and baking soda together.
- In mixer, combine sugars, Crisco, applesauce, eggs and vanilla.
- Once wet ingredients are mixed, alternate between the fruits and the flour mix.
- Mix well.
- Spoon cookie dough into a ball and roll it in the extra sugar just enough to coat the cookie lightly. *Dough was very sticky. I sprayed a spoon with cooking spray and they slide off well. Once they are in the sugar coating it was easier to make into a ball.
- Add to a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. When the edges start to get brown pull them out.
- Cool for 3-5 minutes on cookie sheet then transfer to a cookie rack.
These cookies can be made in advance and frozen.
Makes 24 cookies
Serving size: 1 cookie