On today’s Shape It Up Over 40, I am continuing on with daily Thanksgiving tips.
Today is for the Thanksgiving host! 7 Healthy Tips For Hosting Thanksgiving Dinner
Before we dive into today’s episode…I want to hear from you. If you have a question or a suggestion for a topic on this show I want to know! You can go to HERE and enter your question.
My goal is to deliver you daily tactics and strategies to help you jump start you weight loss even when you are over 40! Make sure you hit subscribe on whatever platform you are currently on because from now until the end of the year I will be giving you daily tips to navigate your way through the holidays!
Listen to Today’s Podcast
7 Healthy Tips For Hosting Thanksgiving Dinner
Here are some tips if you are the one hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year!
- Get up and get that turkey in the oven then get that workout in. I will never say don’t lift weights but on Turkey Day, cardio might be a better option. Quick high intensity cardio session about 20 -30 minutes with some stretches will help you later on in the day.
- Eat small meals during the day mainly with protein easy on the carb…listen in to previous Thanksgiving tips podcast episode on more specifics.
- No sampling while making dinner….Have you heard the saying “never trust a skinny chef” Well I would like to tweak that to say “ALWAYS trust you will get a healthy meal from a skinny chef!” One of my clients didn’t realize how much she was sampling while making food. She cut that out and dropped quite a few pounds from that one tweak.
- Turn on some tune and dance while making dinner.
- Add some exercise while cooking…pushups on the counter, squat every time you drop something, lunge dip if you need to wipe up a spill on the floor.
- Clean up as you cook. When dinner is over see how fast you can clean up …make it a game.
- When it is all over, plop down in a chair because you have earned your sit time!
P.S. If you are not sure how to put together a workout that will help get you results, I can help you. When you work with my in my 1:1 coaching, you not only get weekly coaching calls but you also get a complete workout design for you and your goals. I tailor the workout to fit your life NOT the other way around. Want to learn more jump on a consult call with me today!