Now this is just something I made for the kids…so check your labels for nutritional info.
- Organic Pancake mix (follow instructions on how to make)
- 1 cup Frozen Strawberries
- 3/4 cup Frozen Blueberries (we had eaten all our fresh but I am sure fresh would make this pancake outstanding)
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
- dash Cinnamon
- 2 T low fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp of granulated sugar (or Stevia)
- Chopped Walnuts
Make the pancakes per boxes instructions. Defrost frozen berries and mush the strawberries. Add fruit to pancake batter along with cinnamon and vanilla extract. Stir until you get a nice swirl (if you over mix it will turn a lovely shade of purple). Cook pancakes as directed on box. While cakes are cooking stir together the cream cheese and sugar. When cakes are plated spread cream cheese mix on top and sprinkle walnuts on top. Yumm! (if you don’t like the idea of cooking your fruit you could add them on top with the cream cheese mix).
Ideas for Healthy B-B-Qing:
- Use ground turkey instead of beef
- Whole grain buns in place of white bread
- Grill, grill, grill – stay away from the deep fried foods
- Refreshing water with citrus fruit
- Stay active
- ****Listen to your stomach. Stop eating when you are comfortably full don’t wait until you feel like you pants button is gonna fly off and kill someone 😉
Have a fantastic 4th of July!!!